Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Walking Table Cloth


Eve and I spied this young woman several weeks ago in Omotesando. After sneaking around and trying to surreptitiously take her picture, Eve took the direct approach and asked her permission (promptly granted). I took this as an opportunity to inquire about her dress. Turns out she did not sew the garment herself though it has a certain homemade quality and fits her perfectly. The white head band and shoes really complete the outfit.

I especially love the fabric pattern's Delft blue background and exuberant floral motif. So nostalgic and evocative of kitchens from the 1950s. When we lived in New York many years ago, I bought a table cloth with a similar design at the 6th Avenue Flea Market. Maybe my cloth is destined for reincarnation too.

No comments:

Post a Comment