Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mother's Day Flowers



A week ago Sunday was Mother's Day. This year I tried to concentrate on being a mother, not a daughter. My family made this easy for me. I absolutely adore the beautiful bouquet of sunflowers they gave me. Aren't they gorgeous?



The rich, yellow color just amazes me. We all agreed that this is the perfect shade.



Don't the blooms look great in this Warren MacKenzie vase? I probably should have trimmed their stems just a touch to improve the proportions but I didn't really want to truncate those elegant stalks. Warren MacKenzie is a marvelous potter who studied with the British great Bernard Leach but makes his home in Minnesota with his wife who is a textile designer/weaver. I met Mr. & Mrs. years ago at their combined opening in Tokyo. David and I are great admirers of their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment